Absolutely Ottawa !OSI Mid-Southwest Summer Institute 2018
Sunday, June 3rd - Friday, June 8th
violin viola cello
Pre-Twinkle Daily Classes:
- Private Lesson, Group Class, Theory, Crafts
- Private Lesson, Group Class, Theory, Suzuki Repertoire / Drama Class
- Private Lesson, Group Class, An Elective Class
- Reading/Orchestra classes will be assigned based on experience
- Chamber Music (only advanced students with music reading experience)
Dianne Borth, Music Theory and Suzuki Repertoire/Drama Class - Olathe, KS
Carl Cook, Violin and Viola - Independence, MO
Jean Dexter, Cello and Violin - Olathe, KS
Esther Fellows, Violin and Violin Book Two Teacher Training - Tulsa, OK
Eric Hauck, Cello - Wichita, KS
Susan Kempter - Violin, "Every Child Can", Violin Book One Teacher Training
Alice Joy Lewis, Violin, - Ottawa, KS
Kathy Rollings, Violin and Graduation Concert Leader - Columbia, MO
Eric Ryan-Johnson, Fiddling and Violin - Tulsa, OK
Shirley Star, Suzuki Early Childhood Education - Ottawa, KS
Beth Titterington, Violin - Leawood, KS
Maya Tuylieva, Collaborative Piano
Kristin Wyatt, Violin - Independence, MO
Art - all ages - Leigh Hanson
- Crafts - make things to take home
- Suzuki Repertoire ( familiarity with Suzuki repertoire is helpful for this class )
Registration Fee = $50
New Beginners/Pre-Twinkle/Book 1
Tuition = $375
Book 2 and above = $400
Tuition = $475
The registration fee is required per participant and it is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Registration is now closed.
Housing and Meals:
Cost = $485 per individual
Family of 3 = $1253
Family of 4 = $1637
Additional family members beyond 4
* Note: Immediate family members only
* Family members with more than 4 in the same suite should bring sleeping bags for additional family members. (Children 18 months and younger - no charge.)
- Housing available Sunday night, June 3rd through Friday night, June 8th
- Meals: Supper on Sunday, June 3rd through Supper on Friday, June 8th
Ottawa University dormitory housing is provided in suites with a central living area and a bathroom for each suite of two bedrooms. Assignments will be made on a first-come / first-serve basis. REGISTER EARLY. Prior notification of special needs is required so housing can be arranged to best accommodate needs.
If staying in university housing, please bring towels, linens, blankets and pillows for all in your family.
University Facility Fee = $100
This fee is required by the university for all students who are not utilizing the housing/meal plan as described above.
Commuter Meal Cards
Commuter Meal Cards are available to off-campus participants and their family members. A meal card costs $ 75 and entitles its holder to any 8 meals of his / her choosing throughout the week. Meals are also available on a cost per meal basis for participants living off campus and for guests. Note: The participant saves money by purchasing the meal card, if 8 meals are eaten.The Hetrick Dining Center is located in the Gibson Student Center in the center of the OU campus.
If not staying with family members, participants may request a roommate on the registration form. If a roommate is not specified, the SOUND ENCOUNTERS staff will assign one.
Please include an indication of dietary needs on your registration form.
The Application Process (please read carefully)
The application is online.
- Before you register, please read through all of the camp opportunities on this page.
- To register, go to SUMMER OPTIONS at the top of the page and scroll down to INSTITUTE APPLICATION.
- ** Print a copy of your registration form(s) by going to File, then Print on your computer before clicking Send Message to submit the registration form.
- A white confirmation page will follow.
- Scroll up or down on that page to read the confirmation message.
- Once the registration forms are completed for each participant, proceed to the Payment Page where you will be able to pay for everything at one time.
- You will find simple to use pull-down menus for you to select your options and add them to your cart.
- ** For accuracy, refer to your copy of the registration form(s).
- Once you have reviewed the items in your cart, you can make your payment through PayPal.
- Please Note: Your registration forms cannot be processed until your payment process is accurate and complete.
We are thrilled that you will be joining us for
Absolutely Ottawa OSI Mid-Southwest 2018.