Brian Lewis Young Artists Program
The Brian Lewis Young Artists Program BLYAP is made possible through the generosity of the Dorothy Richard Starling Foundation.
Participants arrival: Monday, June 17
First Day of Instruction: Tuesday, June 18
Young Artists solo with the Fairbanks Symphony:
Friday evening, June 28
The BLYAP is a tuition-free opportunity for ten highly gifted violinists up to the age of eighteen to receive intense daily private instruction with Brian Lewis on Concerto repertoire and additional outstanding faculty on Sonata Literature, Technical Studies, Show Pieces, Solo Bach, and other unaccompanied repertoire. BLYAP is made possible through the generosity of the Dorothy Richard Starling Foundation.
BLYAP Online Application Requirements
All audition materials and the application fee are due Friday, March 22nd by midnight.
* Application form
* List of repertoire being studied
(List names of pieces, movements, composers, scale books, and technical studies being used)
* Letter of recommendation from the student’s private teacher
* Application fee of $50.00 must be submitted online at the time of the audition video submission
* Audition Video(s) including student's performance of:
1. A movement of a Bach Solo Sonata or Partita
2. A movement of any standard concerto (with piano accompaniment)
3. A show piece (with piano accompaniment)
All applicants will be notified as of their acceptance into the program by April 1st, 2019!
Note: The program is tuition-free! However, Young Artists are responsible to pay transportation costs and housing/meal costs on the campus of the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. Exact housing/meal costs will be available April 1st. Housing/meal costs are expected to be in the vicinity of $1, 200.00.