SOUND ENCOUNTERS 2018
SOUND ENCOUNTERS (sound en-koun' terz) n.
1. A rigorous experience for advanced players. An internationally acclaimed faculty guide students in an exciting and challenging schedule of private lessons, master classes, chamber ensembles and orchestra. Students broaden their musical experience through electives such as conducting, bell-choir, composition, and music history. Evening chamber recitals give students excellent learning and performance opportunities. 2. A lot of fun!
SOUND ENCOUNTERS is for advanced string students who play at or beyond the following minimum repertoire levels:
* Violin: Corelli: La Folia and Handel Sonata No. 3 in F Major
* Viola: Marcello Sonata in G Major
* Cello: Vivaldi: Sonata in E Minor, Op. 14, No. 5
* Bass: Orchestral experience
I. Collegiate Division
Students must be at the collegiate level or be graduates of high school as of Spring 2018.
II. Undergraduate Division
Advanced students of all ages through high school.
Note: Suzuki equivalencies to minimum repertoire level: Violin - Book 6, Viola - Book 5, Cello - Book 5, Bass - Orchestral experience.
Ottawa University, Ottawa Kansas 45 minutes southwest of Kansas City via I-35
Participants who fly should fly into Kansas City International Airport (MCI). The drive from MCI to Ottawa University is one hour, thirty minutes.